Thursday, May 19, 2011

Baby Cuddles

Jeff's sister Jen and her fiance Donald welcomed a beautiful little boy into the world this morning at 3:28am. Griffin Thomas Humphrey weighed in at 7lbs 8oz and 22 inches long. Congratulations to Jen and Donald! So wishing I was in Halifax today for some new-baby-cuddles. Wishing Jen and Donald all the joy that a little one brings and we look forward to meeting Griffin in the fall. Just a little FYI ..i love babies, and I have no intentions of sharing him once I get him in my arms! : )


Cleaning and scrubbing can wait till tomorrow
for babies grow up, we've learned to our sorrow
So quiet down cobwebs, dust go to sleep,
I'm rocking my baby cause babies don't keep.

This poem hung in our farm house where I grew up until I moved out when I was 17. I memorized this little poem at a young age and I have never forgotten it. Now that I am a mother I can appreciate what this poem says and it is so true! Never feel guilty for cuddling your baby or holding it too much. Once they get to that independent age you have to fight for a cuddle! 

No comments:

Post a Comment