Friday, May 20, 2011

Emotional Trainwreck

As a rule, I am not an emotional person. Sure there are things that make me tear up like a heart felt story or something that really upsets me like unneeded or unwanted drama. But, all in all I can hold it together quite well.  
 It has been a long week and I am tired today, but I am holding it together b/c the weekend is here. I had a couple minutes this morning so I sat down to catch up on my PVR. So, I turned on American Idol (closet AI fan) and settled in to watch who would be on the final 2 next week. This episode was about the final 3 contestants going to their home towns (first time in 3 months). For some reason I found myself tearing up over watching these kids go home and seeing all the community support for them. Well....let the water works begin! I was crying like a little baby! If the contestants started to cry I cried even harder. I had tears rolling down my cheeks and I am thinking to myself, "I am ridiculous, who cries over American Idol?"  Me, obviously! 
 I remember the first time I watched the movie 'P.S I Love You'. I was sitting by myself one evening watching the movie and I started to cry about 15 minutes in and I started to sob and sob. I'm talking gut wrenching sobs! Jeff walks in the door and I am curled up in a ball on the couch and sobbing my eyes out! My nose is running, I can't hardly talk and I was shaking. He just stood there for a second with a horrified look on his face and then said, " What is wrong with you? Are you ok?" I sobbed out an answer, "Yessss,(sniff) I'm just watching a sad movie." (cue the loud honking sound of me blowing my nose). 
 Or there are the times you laugh so hard you cry. I am one of those people and it has brought about a few embarassing moments for me and others around me. You know those people that snort when they laugh? Well, that is me when I get laughing hard and I can't help it or stop. I don't laugh that hard very often but when I do people actually stop to stare! There are times I get laughing so hard I can't breathe, I can't see because of the tears and I can't wipe the smile off my face or stop crossing my legs b/c of the urge to pee.(I know I'm not the only one, so don't judge me for saying it out loud!)
I love watching people that are having a good laugh. It puts a smile on my face to think that they found something that funny to laugh at and I secretly wish I could be laughing with them.
I love a good laugh and we all need a good laugh once in awhile. Have you had a good gut wrenching laugh lately? I haven't and I think it is about time to go out and find one!

No comments:

Post a Comment