Wednesday, July 6, 2011

The Wuzzles!

I have been overcome with a bad case of boredom since I arrived home from my little long weekend trip to Oxbow/ Portage. Colton stayed at Grandpa and Grandma's for a weeks vacation, so I am bored out of my tree. My dayhome kids are either on holidays or sick, so my week has opened up to...well, I guess you could say boredom. I am trying to think of things to do that I can't normally do with Colton. Do you think I could come up with anything fun for me to do? NO! So I took a little trip to the VV Boutique (Value Village) and wandered around there for a bit watching people frantically searching for western garb for Stampede this wknd and fighting politely over who gets the last cowboy hat in the store. I could have sat there all day with a smile on my face watching people politely step in front of each other to get the last of something good. There were a few savages rooting thru the ugly-and-only-wear-for-Stampede shirts and pants. And then there were the on-lookers wishing they had the nerve to get in there and rummage with the rest of them. Me, I stood back and watched in amazement and confirmed in my head why I have not been to the Stampede in 4 years and have no intentions of going for a long time.
Anyhoo....the point of this post is to show you what I stumbled upon that just about brought tears to my eyes. I caught a glimpse of something orange and plastic sitting on a top shelf, so i stood on my tip-toes and reached way back and picked up this intriguing item. It was a plastic Wuzzles lunch kit! Exactly like the one that I used to use from K-grade 3! I couldn't believe my eyes! It is in MINT condition and comes with a thermos that looks like it has NEVER been used! I was ecstatic and grinning from ear to ear. Unknown to me there was an older lady watching me and she came up after a moment and said, "That lunch kit means something to you, doesn't it?"  I just about burst into tears (not sure why?) and said, "This is the exact lunch kit that I used to use when I was in Kindergarten!" She smiled and said, "You know you need to buy that right?" I just smiled and toddled off to find another treasure.
Maybe tomorrow when I am looking for something to do I will pack my little lunch kit with a lunch and head to the park and enjoy a 'Wuzzle-filled' afternoon with my orange lunch kit and thermos.

1 comment:

  1. OMG!! I forgot about the Wuzzles, but as soon as I saw them on the lunch box it all came back. Loved that show. Too funny!! I love the little things that bring back childhood memories. Enjoy your time to yourself! ~ Catie

    Oh, and thanks for your lovely comment about the sunroom. : ) Sure has changed since you'd last seen it, huh?

    ReplyDelete