Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Exploring My New Home

It has been a very long spring, but we are finally moved... and settled! Cold Lake is a beautiful lake town with a great summer feel to it and it smells of the beach everyday. We are 5 minutes from the beach, so Colton and I have become daily fixtures at the beach. Cold Lake has alot to offer and is full of beautiful scenery and beautiful things. I could stand on the Marina for hours just watching sailboats float past, clouds roll by and people saunter down the pier with all the time in the word. I just wanted to share a few pictures that I have snapped while out-and-about in Cold Lake.
If you ever get a chance to come up this way, I would suggest you do b/c everyone would enjoy all that this area has to offer.


 These first 2 pictures are taken from the pier on July 18 as a thunderstorm was rolling in.


This is the ceiling of one of the little Eateries on the lake. The resturant is called Clark's Eatery and it has some of the best home-cooked meals I have ever tasted. Absolutely finger-lickin-good seafood and a really cool atmosphere. It is very rustic and full of antiques... a definate 'must stop' when in Cold Lake.


 North Sask. River - just north of Lloydminster on your way up to Cold Lake. Very impressive bridge surrounded by jaw-dropping scenery. There is also a great little campground right by this bridge.



So far, I am a fan of this move and all that it has proven to offer.. but winter could change my mind! Stand by for my update in 6 months...: ) Now all I need to do is find some friends up here! Missing my gals from Calgary... BIG TIME!

No comments:

Post a Comment