Thursday, January 19, 2012

Baby, it's cold outside!

Only in Calgary can you go from -38 with the windchill to a chinook blowing in the next day and bumping the temperature into the + temperatures! My head is already hurting in anticipation of the chinook that is about to blow in. I dread winters here in Calgary. I can feel a chinook before it even gets here b/c of the migraine that sets in for a good 24 hours. So I need to keep my brain functioning while this weather wreeks havic on my head!
This weather has inspired me to get some crafting done. My list is long and I am determined to get it all done by spring. I have been reading some great blogs and I have some great ideas for things to do to keep me busy and to spruce up my house a bit.
If anyone out there has any other cute or cool crafts that you think I should try, let me know. : )

Here are a few things off my list of  'to-do's'..
- I am on a mission to find some funky material to cover my kitchen chairs in
- make or refurbish a headboard. Ikea has random wood pieces from cabinets that can be made into super    cool head/footboards.
- strip and repaint 3 nightstands to match a non-existant headboard : )
- picture frame accessorie/earring holder (thanks to Catie Brown and her fabulous blog!)
- whip up some curtians/valence for my very bare kitchen window (pictures will be posted to show all the bare-ness i got goin' on in my kitchen)
- I hate seeing shoes sitting at the front door and my closet will not house all the shoes we have. I need a cool/neat-and-tidy solution for my shoe problems.
- I need to find a way to display all of Colton's art work without taping it to his bedroom wall. Any ideas on how to display art work in a neat way?

So this is a sample of my winter to-do list. I would love some new craft/DIY blogs to check out if any of you have a favorite that you would like to share.
I will begin to post pictures of my crafting endeavors as soon as this chinook blows through! : S

Stay warm my friends!

1 comment:

  1. Aww, thanks for Jen!! =) I'll have to check it out. I definitely have a few good blogs you should check out. I'll post the links on your fb wall. You list sounds a lot like mine. Our kitchen windows have been bare, other than a valance on the window above the sink. Since it was soo cold I actually hung a bright polka dot duvet cover over the larger window. How ghetto is that?? haha

    ~ Catie

    ReplyDelete