Saturday, January 22, 2011

Saturday's Kitchen

 Homemade Fruit Roll-Ups - These fruit roll-ups bring back alot of memories from Elementary School. The Jones Boys always had these in their lunches and I remember on a number of occassions trying to trade my lunch for a roll-up. They were such a tasty snack! I got my hands on a dehydrator and I have made a couple batches of fruit roll-ups. This one will take 11-12 hrs... my kitchen smells so good right now. Today i decided on a raspberry/blackberry roll-up.



 These are Gluten Free Potato/bacon and cheese perogies. Guess what I'll be having for supper tonight?!



 MY OWN BREAD! Made my first GF loaf of bread and it turned out better than I thought. I am actually eating a piece of toasted fresh bread lathered in peanut butter while I do my bloggin'...mmmm



Homemade Chicken Broth -  Store bought chicken broth is full of gluten so I have had to resort to making my own to have in the fridge.

This has been my Saturday so far. It is such a beautiful day out today so I cracked open all the windows and started cooking.  I don't get many days like this so i figured I would take advantage of the quiet day and get the fridge/freezer filled again.

1 comment: