Thursday, January 20, 2011

A Thankful Heart

Today is a downer day for me...stressed out about things piling up one after another before the previous thing is taken care of and it just seems never ending. I do not handle stress well and I tend to shut down and shove it all to the back of my head and then it all comes to a front all at the same time...like today. I felt the need to sit down and write out what I am thankful for..


Jen's Thankful List
I am thankful for:
- knowing that I have a God that I can pray to whenever I need him and he can comfort me and give me strength to move on when things are tough and guide me in the direction I am to go.
- I have the most wonderful man in my life that I wouldn't trade for anything. He knows my good and bad sides but yet loves me unconditionally. He knows how to make me laugh or smile on a bad day and he knows when to sit silent if i need time to think or to be alone for awhile.
- I have a very happy and healthy son that is the sunshine in my everyday. He loves me and tells me that about 100x's throughout my day. Nothing beats those little arms wrapping around my neck at bedtime and him planting a big slobbery kiss on my lips and looking into my eyes and saying, " I love you mommy"..usually followed by another kiss. Melts my heart.
- I have two wonderful families that I can turn to whenever I need them. Understanding, accepting and non-judgmental.
- And for my dear friends who are there to listen on days like today. Thank you friends..you know who you are!
- A job that allows me to stay home with Colton and to be able to watch him grow up and to see all the funny stages he goes through..i would not trade these last 4 years for anything.
- Jeff doing so well at his job and you can see it in his eyes and the content look he has on his face when he comes home every night.
- my health! there could have been so much more that could have been wrong with me, but there wasn't and I am thankful that it is something that I myself can deal with and try to improve.

Wow! This was harder to do than I thought. I am sitting here with tears rolling down my face just looking at my little list and thinking how blessed I really am.
Be thankful for all the little things in your life that you take for granted. In the end, material things won't make you happy or get you anywhere, but the love of your family and friends and knowing that there is a God that loves you will get you everywhere.
Thinking of the Hansen family today that is doing one of the toughest things that a family will ever have to do...laying a loved one to rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment