Monday, January 31, 2011

Parents of the Grand kind..

 I was going through some pictures the other day and I came across this one of my Grandpa and Grandma Taylor. This is one of my favorite pictures of them, taken at Darren and Tami's wedding. It got me thinking about how wonderful it is to grow up with loving and caring grandparents that will give you memories that last a life-time. My memories are of fresh bread, milk carton blocks, chocolate cake, macaroni and cheese, always wishing I could whistle like my grandma, grandpa always having a funny joke or story to tell us and he always has some change in his pocket to give you to put in your piggy bank. So thankful that I can still go home to Oxbow and stop in to see G&G to have a little visit...bread-making day is the best day to visit! : ) Love my grandpa and grandma!

Colton LOVES his grandpa and grandma and I know he already has fun memories of grandpa and grandma that he will never forget. Colton associates grandpa with trucks, combines, four-wheelers, going for icecream everyday and  for being a big tough guy. Grandma tends to bring out the goofy and funny side in Colton. Giggles are never-ending when grandma and Colton are together. There is always some sort of fun trinket in Grandma's purse or a sweet treat in the cupboard to snack on when mommy isn't around! I hope Colton grows up to appreciate his 'Drandpa and Dramma' and realize how much fun they are and the memories you will always have b/c of them.

2 comments:

  1. You are so lucky to have such wonderful memories of days spent with your grandparents! We moved to Canada from Holland when I was two and a half so I did not really know my grandparents. One grandpa came to Canada for several months for a visit when I was five so I do recall that but cannot bring to mind any special memories. As a grandma myself now, I appreciate the special relationship between grandparents and grandchildren and try to build great memories with them. I love today's technology that allows us to share photos across the miles in a split second or to share greetings with my granddaughter on MSN. I have six grandkids with another on the way in a month or so - can't wait!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Grandparents are so special - I am thankful for all the great memories I have of my mine.

    ReplyDelete