Sunday, January 9, 2011

Turning the page

So, this was a rather quiet weekend which I welcomed with no problem. Actually, it has been a quiet month with my day home kids still away. I have been so thankful for this month to get my life and health back in order. I have had more Dr. appts in the last month than I have in all of last year! GULP! I am a little nervous on when the kids are all back and we are back to routine. I feed all of my DH kids and there are alot of pasta dishes, grilled cheese sandwiches with crackers and cheese for snacks.(yes, I serve fruits and veggies but i can eat those)so this will be a real challenge to not sit down and eat 'bad food' with them like I usually do. It has been a real challenge this past month just buying 2 grocery orders for the three of us, let alone now having to shop for 8 of us. I didn't realize how expensive this Gluten Free diet would be. A dear friend dropped off her bread maker for me so i could start making my own GF bread instead of spending $7.00/loaf!
 It is funny how things come along at the right time whether they are for the good or bad. Regardless, they are to teach us a lesson or to prove something to ourselves. I LOVE food and sweets are my major weakness. I get stressed..I eat sweets, I am angry..I eat sweets...and so on. I think this GF diet is what I needed and to prove to myself that I can control what goes into my mouth and that there are other ways to de-stress...a more healthy way to de-stress. God wouldn't put this challenge in my lap if he knew I couldn't do it. I know that I can do this....and I AM doing this..TA DA! Baby steps Jen..baby steps.
My first big eating challenge is still to come next weekend. Jeff's Christmas party is on Saturday night and I haven't eaten out since my diagnosis of Celiac Disease. I am a little nervous about it and I really don't want to spend the night in the hotel room curled up in a ball moaning in pain( how ironic is it that bread in French is 'pain'). Thankfully we are able to make the banquet hall aware of any food restrictions if necessary. Shouldn't I be worried about what I am going to wear to this shindig and not what I can and can't eat at it? What's wrong with this picture?! :S
Hope you all have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment