Monday, December 12, 2011

Day # 12

Salted Chocolate-Covered Caramels

Have you ever tasted Purdy's Chocolates? ....the Himalayan Pink Salt ones? If not, you are missing out on one of the tastiest things..EVER! When I go to the mall, that is usually my reward at the end of my shopping excursion. I march on into Purdy's, pay $1.00 for a little chocolate and then i go on my merry way with a chocolate smile on my face.
Welllllll... these little chocolato's are the closest thing to Purdy's and I can eat as many as I want! They are delicious! I used melted milk choc. chips and individually wrapped MacIntosh toffee for mine. (b/c I ate all the left over caramels the other night while making the upside-down muffins. shhhhhh!
You can't get any easier than this and they look great place on a tray full of dainties.


1 pkg of Kraft Caramels
5 squares of Baker's Premium 70 % Cocao Dark Chocolate, melted
1 Tbsp sea salt

Inser toothpick into 1 caramel; dip in chocolate. Shake gently to remove excess chocolate. Place on waxed paper-covered baking sheet. Remove toothpick. Repeat with remaining caramels.
Sprinkle immediately with salt. Let stand until firm.

* I let mine set in the fridge...and i may have over done it on the salt...on purpose. Nothing goes together better than salt and caramel!

2 comments:

  1. These look delish...heck...they all do!! Thanks for sharing Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  2. ok I'm not into caramels but those look really, really good.

    ReplyDelete