Sunday, December 4, 2011

Day #4

Divine Caramel Sauce

THIS.IS.MY.WEAKNESS! I could have sat here and eaten a whole jar with a big spoon. This is what I drizzled over my Caramel Peacan Cookies...actually, i would drizzle this stuff on anything. Yes, it is that good!
1 cup corn syrup
1 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
1/4 cup butter or margarine ( come on people, use the butter..so much better with butter)
1 cup whipping (heavy) cream

In heavy saucepan, heat corn syrup, brown sugar and butter to a boil over low heat, stirring constantly. Boil 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Stir in whipping cream; heat to a boil. Cool about 30 minutes. Serve warm. Store covered in refridgerator up to 2 months. Reheat slightly before serving.

* To store mine, I actually used sealer jars and sealed them to preserve just a little longer...it's gonna be a long winter. And I like to know that if I get stranded in my house for days and days b/c of a freak snow storm and I run out of food, that there is always caramel sauce I could live on. : )

1 comment:

  1. My husband would like this on ice cream. Does that mean I should try it?!

    ReplyDelete