Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Day #7

Classic Hot Fudge Sauce
I am not a chocaholic...I am more a caramelaholic. But, this hot fudge sauce over ice cream is quite delicious. I also drizzled this chocolate over my caramel peacan cookies.
1 can (12 oz) evaporated milk
1 bag (12 oz) semi-sweet chocolate chips (2 cups)
1/2 cup sugar
1 tbsp butter
2 tsp orange-flavored liqueur or 1 tsp orange extract, if desired

In heavy saucepan, heat milk, chocolate chips and sugar to boiling over medium heat, stirring constantly: remove from heat.
Stir in butter and liqueur until sauce is smooth and creamy. Serve warm. Store covered in refridgerator up to 4 weeks. Reheat slightly before serving if desired.
VARIATIONS:
Classic Fudge Sauce - Omit liqueur and add 1 tsp vanilla
Irish Cream Fudge Sauce - Substitute 2 tbsp irish cream liqueur for the orange liqueur
Raspberry-Chocolate Fudge Sauce - Substitute 2 tbsp raspberry-flavored liqueur for the orange liqueur

1 comment:

  1. Now THIS I would make!!! I tried something similar but only with sweet and condensed milk and choc chips- the orange sounds GOOD.

    ReplyDelete