Thursday, December 15, 2011

Day #15

Gluten Free Chex-Mix Brittle
I figured I could end off my little baking journey with a treat for me. : )
Well ladies, here we are, day 15. I feel like this year went so fast, unlike last year where I thought I would never reach day 15! I hope I have inspried all of you to dig out those dusty recipes and get bakin'. Thank you once again for all your lovely and funny comments. It meant alot that you wanted to check to see what I was doing everyday...kept me motivated that's for sure!: )
Barb, if you are ever in doubt about anything..just freeze it! lol : )
This stuff is stinkin' delicious!

8 cups Chex cereal (GF Chex cereal is now on the market in most places-plain or honey)
1 cup peanuts
300 ml sweetened condensed milk
1 tsp vanilla.
I made mine in a large roaster but you can use a deep 9x13 pan too and do it in two batches.
Grease your pan and mix all of the ingredients together until everything is evenly coated in pan. Bake in a 325 degree oven for 12 minutes. Once cooked, place on a wax paper lined cookie sheet to cool for 1 hour. Once cooled, break into bits or chunks and store in air-tight container in fridge for up to 7 days...but i guarantee that it won't last that long! : 0

No comments:

Post a Comment